Fun Games To Play In The Car
Long trips in the car can get boring. Liven things up for yourself and your passengers by playing one of these simple but fun car games!
The Anagram Game
Sometimes you come across one of those fancy plates. The ones that say P@ID or LIC-NSD. Most plates, however, are just a jumble of letters. Your job is to come up with an anagram for any normal license plate.
This one is simple. While driving, always
Who’s Line is it? (Sleeper)
The object of this game is to create a story so believable that the person asleep will believe it when they wake up.
- Wait until someone in the car falls asleep.
- Begin making up a story.
- Take turns adding parts to the story.
- When the passenger wakes up begin telling them the story.
- If you break character you lose a point.
- If someone goes off script, someone must ask, “Are you sure?”, then that person cannot speak again and loses two points.
- If you fool the person each storyteller earns three points.
- If the “sleeping” passenger tricks the whole car and joins in on the story correctly they steal all the points.
- Most points upon arrival
The first person begins the game by saying, “fortunately” and says something fortunate.
Moving clockwise the next person will say something that is unfortunate about the event mentioned previously.
Keep moving around the car and mentioning a fortunate thing about the event, then an unfortunate one.
- If you stumble you get a strike.
- If you get three strikes you’re out.
- Last one left wins.
- Start by someone selecting a category (cars, food, places).
- Begin with the letter “A” from the alphabet and name something from the category that begins with that letter.
- Take turns around the car and try to complete the alphabet while using that category.
- One person begins singing a song
- The next person takes a “lyric” from that song and starts another song that has that lyric.
- Go until someone fails to carry out a song.
“Love, love me do, you know I love you…” (The Beatles)
“…Give love a bad name…” (Bon Jovi)
“…That’s not my name, that’s not my name!” (The Ting Tings)
Would you rather
A good old fashion game of would you rather surprisingly can kill a great amount of time. Let imagination take over and make this game extremely interesting.
Not that word!
Get that brain working. The car needs to come to an agreement on 5 words that cannot be used throughout the entire ride.
Sound easy? Not so much.
The five words you pick should be common
Some penalties that can be used.
- Chip in for gas ($X.XX per penalty)
- Buy food
- Pump Gas
- Drive next
Explain a film plot badly
One person describes a film plot so poorly that it makes it difficult for the other passengers to guess what movie it is. For example, “Two enemies, one pretty boy hotshot and the other a hillbilly join together despite their differences in a fight for their lives in order to escape from a butcher living in the slums who has taken them captive in order to get back to their family.
- That person must put headphones on or put their hands over their ears.
- The rest of the car thinks of a verb.
- The person who
guesshas to try and figure out the verb by only using the word “smurf”.
“Did you smurf today?”
“Does he/she smurf?”
“Is smurfing appropriate in public?”